- Catherine Hinwood, Deputy Director, Victim and Witness Policy, Ministry of Justice
- Baroness Newlove, Victims’ Commissioner for England and Wales
- Further speakers TBC
Victims and witnesses are at the centre of the criminal justice system, yet services for them are often not good enough. Many victims are unaware of entitlements under the victims’ code, and both groups often find their contact with the police and courts lengthy and distressing. The Government are pushing for greater support for victims. Alongside a potential new Victims’ Law, the Courts and Prisons Bill aims to address some of the problems faced by victims and witnesses in the court process.
Join Westminster Briefing to hear from Catherine Hinwood, Deputy Director, Victim and Witness Policy, Ministry of Justice on current Government action and what more can be done to support the victims and witnesses you deal with.
Key Issues to be Addressed:
- Overview of the national landscape and understanding Government action
- Victims’ Code: meeting your obligations to support victims of crime
- PCCs: supporting partners and commissioning victims’ services
- Supporting victims and witnesses throughout the court process
- Assessing future policy changes and a potential new victims’ law
- Working in partnership to improve your support to victims and witnesses
- Good practice examples of raising victim satisfaction and improving the customer journey
About the Day:
Delegates in the morning session will receive an up-to-date brief on current policy and the national landscape.
The afternoon session will focus on good practice in supporting victims and witnesses. Delegates will hear examples of successful local strategies and effective partnership working.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.
For registration enquiries please contact:
Customer.email@example.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email:
Who Should Attend?
Delegates will be drawn from all those agencies and individuals who come into contact with victims, including: police forces, Police and Crime Commissioners, Crown Prosecution Service, NOMS, Youth Offending Teams, British Transport Police, the Parole Board, Her Majesty’s Courts and Tribunals Service, Witness Care Units, victim advocates, probation trusts, third sector organisations with an interest in victims, Courts, the CCRC and other stakeholders.