- Baroness Newlove, Victims’ Commissioner for England and Wales
- Mark Castle OBE, Chief Executive, Victim Support
- Peter Jones, Justice Operations Director, Catch22
- Amanda Lowndes, Head of Crime, Midlands, HMCTS
- Liz Olney, Deputy Director Customer Change and Innovation, HMCTS
- Further speakers TBC
The Government has pledged to introduce legislation to further support victims. But even within the current framework more can be done. Criminal justice agencies continue to work towards full compliance with the revised Victims’ Code.
Attend this Westminster Briefing to receive an up-to-date brief on policy changes and explore good practice in dealing with victims. You will join a leading panel of experts to discuss the next steps in supporting victims of crime.
Key Issues to be Addressed:
- Victims’ Code: effective compliance and meeting your obligations
- An effective police response from initial contact and beyond
- Establishing successful partnership working across local agencies
- The role of PCCs in commissioning victims’ services
- Measuring performance: monitoring compliance and implementing feedback
- Future reform: enshrining victims’ rights in law
- Case studies of Code compliance and supporting victims
About the Day:
Delegates in the morning session will receive a comprehensive overview of the Victims’ Code and national policy landscape. Delegates will hear from experts on what how criminal justice agencies can comply with the code and continue to support the victims they work with.
The afternoon session will focus on good practice currently underway across the country. Case studies of meeting the code and effective partnership working will be shared, for delegates to take back and implement in their own setting.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.
For registration enquiries please contact:
Customer.firstname.lastname@example.org | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email:
Who Should Attend?
Delegates will be drawn from all those agencies and individuals who come into contact with victims, including: police forces in England and Wales, Police and Crime Commissioners, Crown Prosecution Service, NOMS, Youth Offending Teams, British Transport Police, the Parole Board, Her Majesty’s Courts and Tribunals Service, Witness Care Units, victim advocates, probation trusts, third sector organisations with an interest in victims, Courts, the CCRC and other stakeholders.