With the marketisation of higher education, it is of the utmost importance for students to know how their fees are spent and that they will receive a high-quality education. Institutions must therefore ensure providing ‘Value for Money’ is a key priority if they want to remain competitive.
The Office for Students has welcomed the recent Education Select Committee report into achieving value for money in HE. The OfS have pledged to use their remit to implement many of the Committee’s recommendations. Join us in March to hear about the Office for Students’ plans, explore your university’s approach and learn from institutions that are excelling in providing value for money.
About the Day:
In the morning, delegates will receive an update on the policy landscape and explore areas within institutions which can be transformed to promote value for money.
In the afternoon, attendees will discover how to increase flexibility in course provision by utilising schemes such as the Degree Apprenticeships Development Fund and hear best practice in making the use of resources and income available to students.
Key Issues to be Addressed:
- Recommendations from the Education Committee’s report: Value for Money in Higher Education
- Embedding an institution-wide approach to achieve better value for money
- OfS policies, frameworks and plans for intervention
- Developing a wide range of degree apprenticeships
- Reviewing the impact of maintenance grant removal
- Increasing flexibility: reforming the linear degree system and creating innovative funding programmes
- Changes to pay and accountability: the Senior Staff Remuneration Code
Who Should Attend?
Anyone with an interest in providing 'value for money', including: University Governance, Directors of Education, Associate Deans, Heads of Academic Development, Heads of Student Development, Pro-Vice Chancellors, Careers and Employment, Financial Support, Funding Providers, Principals & Vice Principals, Apprenticeships Teams, Heads of HR,Widening Outreach Teams, Skills Teams and Training Specialists.
Our events are CPD certified. This event is equivalent to 3 CPD points.
A certificate is available on request post-event to all attendees.
Please note that all speakers and the agenda are subject to change without notice.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657