EdTech is expected to take a central role in schools in the near future, but so far uptake of new innovative classroom technology has been slow. Less than one in five teachers in England are currently taking advantage of the Department for Education’s workload reduction toolkit, and investing in education technology is often a costly process. As the Government launches new initiatives to incentivise tech firms and encourage teachers to get more tech-savvy, schools must make use of any and all available funding streams to join the education technology revolution.
Join us this June to discuss recent Government policy and guidance on education technology and revise your school’s approach to EdTech. Hear from schools who are leading the way in the education technology revolution and alleviating pressure from teacher workload along the way.
Key issues to be addressed:
- Government priorities for 2019 and beyond: an overview of new policy and suggested practice
- The ‘education revolution’ for schools and other initiatives to promote lifelong learning
- Utilising new initiatives and funding streams for EdTech
- Workload Reduction Toolkit: releasing the burden of ’non-teaching’ tasks and utilising the resources available
- Providing effective initial teacher training and spreading awareness of EdTech
- Teacher Recruitment and Retention Strategy: Innovative approaches to part-time and flexible working patterns
- Ensuring teaching practices to support access, inclusion and improved learning outcomes for all
About the event:
The morning session will focus on new government initiatives and policy on EdTech and how schools can deliver new technology inside and outside the classroom.
The afternoon session will look in detail at what leading schools are doing to build technology into their curriculums.
Who should attend?
You will join a range of education stakeholders including, but not limited to, Headteachers and Principals, Deputy/Assistant Heads, School Business Managers, Heads of Department, Heads of Year, Governors, colleagues working in HE-based and school-based ITT providers and anyone interested in the use of EdTech in schools.
Our events are CPD certified. This event is equivalent to 3 CPD points.
A certificate is available on request post-event to all attendees.
Please note that all speakers and the agenda are subject to change without notice.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657