Confirmed to Speak:
- Susan Lovelock, Deputy Director, Technical Education Implementation Division, Department for Education
- Carmel Grant, Deputy Director: Technical Education Implementation & Delivery, Institute for Apprenticeships
- Paul Warner, Director of Research and Development, AELP
- Lucy Sydney, Director of Strategic Relationships for VTQ, Ofqual
- Neil Bates, Associate, The Education and Training Foundation
- Julian Roberts, Head of Employability, Truro and Penwith College
- Shelagh Legrave (event chair), Chief Executive, Chichester College Group
- Further speakers tba
Following the Government response to the T-Level Consultation in May, planning, resourcing and employer-engagement for the new qualification is now fully underway. It is essential that Technical and Vocational Education providers begin preparing for these changes, alongside wider reforms such as recommendations from the 2016 Sainsbury Review.
Attend this timely Westminster Briefing for a full update on the Government’s plans and how best to implement them, set within the wider Further Education funding context. Hear the results of the T-Level work experience pilots, and take back strategies from high performing vocational settings. Learn how the latest changes enable you to create real ‘parity of esteem’ between vocational and academic pathways.
Key Issues to be Addressed Include:
- Recommendations from the T-Level Consultation and Action Plan
- Implementing the proposals from the 2016 Sainsbury Review
- Quality and standards of post-16 qualifications: raising understanding of the landscape
- Looking at funding across tertiary education as a whole
- Ensuring the reforms are valued by and match the needs of employers
- Effectively securing funding: Industry Placement Capacity and Delivery Fund
- Lessons from the T-levels work experience pilot and progress on the first three T-Level routes
- Successfully communicating the changes to students, parents and employers
- Effective collaboration with local employers, schools and councils
The morning session will focus on Government plans for delivering “world-class technical education”, including a full update on T-Levels and how they will be resourced.
The afternoon session will look closer at best practice case studies from further education providers facing the same challenges as you, offering concrete strategies to take back to your setting.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone with an interest in Technical and Vocational Education, including but not limited to: Principals & Vice Principals, Curriculum Teams, Assessment Teams, Skills and Work-based Learning Departments, Tutors, Coaches, Teaching & Learning Specialists, Partnership Teams, Local Authority 14-19 Teams, Training Providers, Awarding Bodies and Employers.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: email@example.com