- Andrew Lagden (Chair), Andrew Lagden Education Consultants Limited
- Emma Hollis, Executive Director, National Association of School-Based Teacher Trainers
- Allana Gay, Interm Headteacher and Co-Founder of BAMEed Network
- Jack Worth, School Workforce Lead, NFER
- Rebecca Williamson, Associate Head Teacher for Transform Multi-Academy Trust and Teaching School Alliance in Nottingham and Derby
Teacher recruitment has consistently fallen below target since 2012. This is a nationwide issue that hinders our schools from providing the best service to their pupils. With overall pupil numbers expected to continue to rise, more must be done to attract new teaching talent and maintain satisfaction amongst current staff.
Join Westminster Briefing on 6 February to be brought up to date on the Government’s initiatives to encourage recruitment and retention among the teaching population, and to learn from examples of effective teacher management practices within schools.
Key issues to be addressed:
- Recent developments: utilising government initiatives to upskill teachers in a range of subjects by 2020
- The International Recruitment Strategy: attracting international teachers in the aftermath of Brexit
- Return to Teaching programme: supporting returning teachers
- Finding the balance between recruitment and retention
- Budgeting: doing more with less in times of financial constraint
- Locating new and emerging talent
- Job satisfaction: implementing a career path for new staff
About the event:
The morning session will focus on revolutionising your teacher recruitment process, with special attention to marketing your school and taking advantage of recent government policy.
The afternoon session will look in detail at strategies currently being used successfully to retain and develop your teaching workforce.
Who should attend?
You will join a range of education stakeholders including, but not limited to, Headteachers and Principals, Deputy/Assistant Heads, School Business Managers, Heads of Department, Heads of Year, Governors, colleagues working in HE-based and school-based ITT providers and anyone interested in the supply of teachers.
Our events are CPD certified. This event is equivalent to 3 CPD points.
A certificate is available on request post-event to all attendees.
Please note that all speakers and the agenda are subject to change without notice.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657