- Alan Tolley, Member, LGA Licensing Policy Forum
- Ellie Greenwood, Senior Policy Advisor, Local Government Association
- Charles Holland, Licensing Barrister, Francis Taylor Building
- Roger King (Chair), Director, Stronger and Safer Solutions
- Further speakers TBC
Taxis and private hire vehicles play key roles in our communities. Effective licensing is essential and regulators have to balance supporting industry with ensuring public safety. The Government continue to reform taxi and PHV licensing, and we also await their response to the Law Commission's proposals.
Attend this timely Westminster Briefing for an expert-led brief on policy changes and an update on best practice in licensing. This is a good opportunity to assess your local practices and explore how they can be improved.
Key Issues to be Addressed:
- Government action and next steps for reform: awaiting the response to the Law Commission’s report
- Putting passenger safety at the centre of licensing policies and decisions
- Effective partnership working between local licensing authorities, the DVSA, police, other council services and local businesses
- The new role of licensing authorities in safeguarding children
- Ensuring access for all: tackling issues of disability and discrimination
- Opportunities and risks posed by new technologies such as Uber
- Case studies of effective local practice in Taxi and PHV licensing
About the Day:
The morning session will focus on the latest policy changes to taxi and PHV licensing, led by a panel of experts.
Delegates in the afternoon session will explore good practice currently underway across the country. The session will look at how to license effectively within the current system, as well as how partnership working can improve the work of regulators.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.
For registration enquiries please contact:
Customer.email@example.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email:
Who Should Attend?
Delegates will be those that have an interest in the taxi and PHV licensing reform, including but not limited to: licensing committees; licensing officers; police; representatives from taxi and PHV firms and relevant bodies concerning public safety.