The New Government has committed in its manifesto to “expanding successful pilots and programmes such as the Rough Sleeping Initiative and Housing First, and working to bring together local services to meet the health and housing needs of people sleeping on the streets.” This is ahead of the Tackling Homelessness Together consultation which recommended local authorities to develop local, diverse and joined-up responses to homelessness and rough sleeping.
Join us in November for an up-to-date brief on the latest policy and next steps in tackling homelessness and rough sleeping. We will also explore best practice from trail-blazing authorities developing local, diverse and multi-agency involved initiatives.
- Understand the latest policy around homelessness and rough sleeping
- Explore Temporary Fixes & Permanent Solutions: Considering Effective Housing Solutions
- Examine how to Catering to different homeless needs
- Review Local Need & Local Response, & how you can shape services to meet local homelessness contexts
- Next Steps: Developing a Long-Term, Multi-Agency, Joined-Up Approach
- Bob Blackman MP, Author, Homelessness Reduction Act
- Toni Warner, Deputy Chief Executive, Single Homeless Project
- Hayden Duncan, Managing Director, Emerging Futures
- Cllr Adele Morris, Southwark Council (event chair)
- Ian Swift, Head of Housing Solutions, London Borough of Southwark
- Molly Bishop, Strategic Lead for Homelessness, Greater Manchester Combined Authority
- Lee Buss, Director of Operations, Riverside
- Nazeya Hussain, Executive Director of Place, Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames
- Becky Rowe, Head of Research, Revealing Reality
Due to current uncertainty surrounding live events and restrictions around social distancing, this event will now take place online.
As a delegate you can expect:
- High quality and timely content as you would expect in a face-to-face event
- Facilitated Q&A and panel discussions to put your questions to expert speakers
- Access to recordings from all conference sessions post-event
- Scheduled breaks throughout the day to minimise screen fatigue
- CPD accreditation on request for all registrants
- Delivered via Zoom Webinar, an accessible and user-friendly platform
Who should attend?
Delegates will be drawn from anyone with an interest in tackling homelessness and rough sleeping issues, including; local housing authorities, local authority homelessness teams, cabinet members, frontline servies, housing associations, elected members, councillors and community groups.
Our events are CPD certified. This event is equivalent to 3 CPD points.
A certificate is available on request post-event to all attendees.
Please note that all speakers and the agenda are subject to change without notice.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com |
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: William.Egan@dodsgroup.com