In view of the continuous uncertainty caused by the Covid-19 pandemic and our duty of care towards delegates, speakers, sponsors and staff, we have decided to postpone the event to a later date in the year.
It is a decision we have not taken lightly. However, we believe it is the most appropriate one in the face of the current situation.
We are now working to set a new date in the Autumn, which we will communicate to you during the first half of next week. Keep following us!
- Bob Blackman MP, Author, Homelessness Reduction Act
- Toni Warner, Deputy Chief Executive, Single Homeless Project
- Ray Jenkins, Chief Executive, Emerging Futures
- Cllr Adele Morris, Southwark Council (event chair)
- Ian Swift, Head of Housing Solutions, London Borough of Southwark
- Molly Bishop, Strategic Lead for Homelessness, Greater Manchester Combined Authority
- Lee Buss, Director of Operations, Riverside
- Further speakers to be announced
The New Government has committed in its manifesto to “expanding successful pilots and programmes such as the Rough Sleeping Initiative and Housing First, and working to bring together local services to meet the health and housing needs of people sleeping on the streets.” This is ahead of the Tackling Homelessness Together consultation which recommended local authorities to develop local, diverse and joined-up responses to homelessness and rough sleeping.
Join us on the 23rd April for an up-to-date brief on the latest policy and next steps in tackling homelessness and rough sleeping. We will also explore best practice from trail-blazing authorities developing local, diverse and multi-agency involved initiatives.
Key issues to be addressed:
- Acting on legislation effectively: Utilising the Homelessness Reduction Act to better effect
- Plans to expand successful pilots and programmes such as the Rough Sleeping Initiative and Housing First
- Temporary Fix, Permanent Solution: Considering Effective Housing Solutions
- One size doesn’t fit all: Catering to different homeless needs
- Local Need, Local Response: Shaping services to meet local homelessness contexts
- Going beyond the duty to refer: Ensuring homeless needs are met beyond a referral to the LHA
- Developing a Long-Term, Multi-Agency, Joined-Up Approach
Who should attend?
Delegates will be drawn from anyone with an interest in tackling homelessness and rough sleeping issues, including; local housing authorities, local authority homelessness teams, cabinet members, frontline servies, housing associations, elected members, councillors and community groups.
Our events are CPD certified. This event is equivalent to 3 CPD points.
A certificate is available on request post-event to all attendees.
Please note that all speakers and the agenda are subject to change without notice.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com |
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: William.Egan@dodsgroup.com