- Ann Coffey MP, Chair, APPG for Runaway and Missing Children and Adults
- Ashley Bertie, Assistant Commissioner, West Midlands Police
- Sheldon Thomas, Consultant on Gangs & Serious Youth Violence, Gangsline
- DCI Debbie Dooley, Xcalibre Task Force & and Integrated Gang Management Unit, GMP
- A mother’s story: experience of the effects of gang violence and exploitation (name withheld)
- Gary Kitching (Chair), Senior Selection Assessor, College of Policing
- Further speakers TBC
A year on from the Government’s Ending Gang Violence and Exploitation policy, local areas and agencies continue to work towards stopping gang violence and turning around the lives of those involved.
Attend this Westminster Briefing to receive an up-to-date brief on gang violence and exploitation. You will hear from experts about effective tools to confront gangs and protect vulnerable young people.
Key Issues to be Addressed:
- Update of the Government’s 2016 Ending Gang Violence and Exploitation Strategy
- Using targeted multi-agency working to reduce violence and safeguard vulnerable young people and adults
- Breaking the key link between drugs, gangs and exploitation
- Strengthening local practices to safeguard women and girls associated with gangs
- The power of early intervention to stop young people from joining gangs
- Gang injunctions: pre-emptive action to prevent gang-related violence and break down gang culture
- Best practice case studies of local working to end gang violence and exploitation
About the Day:
The morning session will consider Government plans to tackle gangs and the priorities that underpin their strategy. In the afternoon session delegates focus on good practice. This is a good opportunity to explore what works well in ending gang violence and exploitation.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.
For registration enquiries please contact:
Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email:
Who Should Attend?
Delegates will be drawn from all those who deal with gangs locally and nationally, including community safety and CSP teams, the police, PCCs, local authorities, children’s services, primary care trusts, probation services, LCJB, LSPs, the CPS and Courts Service, DAATs, YOTs, Victim Support, voluntary organisations and academics.