Confirmed to speak:
- Kiera Newmark, TEF Manager, DfE
- Sarah Kerton, Higher Education Consultant, Policy Team, NUS
- Professor Patrick McGhee, Assistant Vice-Chancellor, University of Bolton
- Professor Helen Higson, Provost and Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Aston University
- (Chair) Diana Beech, Director of Policy & Advocacy, Higher Education Policy Institute
There has been a high level of engagement with the TEF so far with 299 providers choosing to participate in Year 2. Results of the assessments are due to be published this May.
Attend this timely Westminster Briefing to hear from Kiera Newmark, TEF Manager, DfE for an up-to-date brief of the TEF. You will gain a detailed insight into the procedures, processes and metrics for assessing teaching quality. This is a chance to discuss what the next steps are after the publication of outcome information, hear the latest case studies from providers and plan and prepare for Year 2 and beyond.
Key issues to be addressed:
- Comprehensive update of the Teaching Excellence Framework: current & future practicality
- Publication of outcome information: what next?
- Quality standards for teaching: institutional autonomy and academic freedom
- Transparency revolution: Improving prospective student choice
- Impact on institutional fees and income
- Future disciplinary assessment: current policy developments
- Student and students’ union involvement and engagement in institutional responses
- Alternative providers: competing alongside existing institutions
- Sharing good practice: how are other HEIs getting TEF ready?
- Your chance to discuss with colleagues at peer institutions
- Looking ahead: Year 2 and beyond
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Zoe.Johnson@westminster-briefing.com
Who should attend?
You will join a range of higher education stakeholders including, but not limited to colleagues working in registry, student services, legal & compliance, as well as senior & middle leaders with responsibility for quality and responding to governmental reform.