**Please note date change due to postponement of TEF Year Two results**
Confirmed to speak:
- Kiera Newmark, TEF Manager, DfE
- Graeme Rosenberg, Head of TEF, HEFCE
- Professor Patrick McGhee, Assistant Vice-Chancellor, University of Bolton
- Dr Geoff Stoakes, Head of Special Projects, Higher Education Academy
- Sarah Kerton, Higher Education Consultant, Policy Team, NUS
- Dr Diana Beech, Director of Policy & Advocacy, Higher Education Policy Institute (event chair)
The Higher Education & Research Act 2017 received Royal Assent on 27 April. Billed as "the most important legislation for the sector in 25 years”, and attempting to get the legislation passed before Parliament broke up for the election, the Government made a number of last minute amendments. These included delay of full implementation of the Teach Excellence Framework for another year and a new 'Independent Review' into its working.
With TEF Year Two Outcomes published on 22 June, attend this timely Westminster Briefing to hear from DfE's TEF Manager, Kiera Newmark, for an up-to-date brief on its implementation and the next steps. You will gain a detailed insight into the procedures, processes and metrics for assessing teaching quality. This is a chance to discuss what comes after publication of outcome information, hear the latest case studies from providers and plan & prepare for Year 2 and beyond.
Key issues to be addressed:
- Latest TEF timescales & deadlines for implementation
- The role of regulatory bodies in TEF
- The independent review
- Emphases placed on quantitative metrics & provider submissions
- Publication of outcome information, improving transparency & informing prospective student choice
- Student & students’ union involvement & engagement in provider responses
- Relationship between performance, fees & income
- TEF & alternative providers in the new landscape
- Sharing experiences: how HEIs are getting TEF ready
- Looking ahead: Year 2 and beyond
- Transition from institutional to discipline-level TEF
The morning session will focus on the latest developments in the implementation of the TEF.
The afternoon will be an opportunity to examine and discuss how the sector is preparing for, and responding to, the changes.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: email@example.com
Who should attend?
You will join a range of higher education stakeholders including, but not limited to colleagues working in registry, student services, legal & compliance, as well as senior & middle leaders with responsibility for quality and responding to governmental reform.