- Dr Kevin Golding-Williams, Cycling and Walking Investment Strategy Manager, Department for Transport
- Cllr Heather Acton, Cabinet Member for Public Health, Westminster City Council
- Chris Stevenson, Head of Integrated Transport, Essex Council
- Further speakers TBC
The Government is committed to boosting sustainable transport, and local initiatives can access various funding streams. The Sustainable Travel Access Fund and other schemes are available to support cycling & walking and boost the local economy.
Join Westminster Briefing to hear from Dr Kevin Golding-Williams, Cycling and Walking Investment Strategy Manager, Department for Transport. This is a great opportunity to explore how the Government is supporting sustainable travel, and learn from good practice from around the country.
Key Issues to be Addressed:
- Overview of Government action to support sustainable transport now & in the future
- Understanding and taking advantage of the Cycling & Walking Investment Strategy
- Funding your initiatives: the Sustainable Travel Access Fund and other support streams
- Developing lower emission buses & other green infrastructure
- Tackling air quality through sustainable travel
- Case studies of successful sustainable transport initiatives
- Building a coordinated approach: an integrated environmental & transport strategy
About the Day:
The morning session will focus on the policy landscape. Delegates will examine Government action on sustainable travel and the various funding streams available for local initiatives.
In the afternoon session delegates will explore best practice case studies of strategies to access funding and develop effective local schemes.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
For registration enquiries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Calum.Ennis@westminster-briefing.com
Who Should Attend?
Delegates will be drawn from: local authorities, transport planners, local highway authorities, traffic and road safety management, transport officers and anyone else with an interest in or responsibility for developing local sustainable transport.