Confirmed to Speak:
- Greg Boone, Disabled Students’ Allowances Team Leader, DfE
- Phil Scarffe, Head of Student Welfare, De Montfort University
- Dr Phil Gravestock, Dean, College of Learning & Teaching, University of Wolverhampton & National Teaching Fellow
- (Chair) Megan Dunn, Senior Policy Adviser, ECU
- Julia Taylor, Subject Specialist (Accessibility & Inclusion), Jisc
- Dr Ann-Marie Houghton, Director of REAP, Lancaster University
- Further Speakers TBA
With the proportion of disabled students in HE rising and direct government funding reducing, now is a critical time for HE Institutions to be looking at how they support all students and create an inclusive learning environment with equality of outcome.
Join this timely Westminster Briefing on 26th June to receive an up to date brief on government plans and initiatives from the Disabled Students’ Allowances Team Leader, DfE. Hear about recent HEFCE funding increases, examine the support HEIs should be providing and learn from leading universities how inclusion can be embedded into teaching & learning practices.
Key Issues to be Addressed Include:
- Government plans for the future and latest developments
- How DSAs can meet the expectations of the Office for Students and Teaching Excellence Framework
- Determining DSA support & reasonable adjustments HEIs must provide
- Implementing changes in a context of reduced external funding
- Using technology to increase accessibility
- Inclusive curriculum design
- Raising awareness among staff & students
- Changing teaching & learning cultures to promote inclusion
- Role of Estates and Facilities in supporting disabled students
- Delivering social models of support
The event will be divided into sessions entitled:
- Disabled Students' Allowances
- Reasonable Adjustments & HEI Provided Support
- Creating Inclusive Teaching & Learning Environments
Who Should Attend?
Anyone involved in supporting disabled students in HE, including: disability officers; student services & support; teaching, pedagogy & course leads; registry and students’ unions.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org