- Darrell Smith, Senior Policy Advisor, Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG)
- Rebecca Bowers, Head of Housing Support Policy, Department for Works and Pensions (DWP)
- Andy Thurman, HBInfo
- Alistair Smyth, Head of External Affairs, The Guinness Partnership
- Cllr Ric Pallister OBE, South Somerset District Council (event chair)
- More speakers TBC
The Government recently announced that all supported housing funding will be retained in the welfare system, following a review of supported housing funding and provision. Over the coming months, it will be working with providers, local authorities, membership bodies and resident representatives to develop a robust oversight regime. A review of housing related support will also be undertaken to better understand how housing and support currently fit together.
Join Westminster Briefing in November to receive an up-to-date brief on the Government's plans for supported housing from representatives from MHCLG and DWP.
Key Issues to be Addressed Include:
- Retaining Supported Housing Funding in the Welfare System
- Government plans to introduce a robust oversight regime
- Building on the draft National Statement of Expectation
- Working with providers, local authorities, membership bodies and resident representatives to develop the new system
- Ensuring quality and value for money across the sector
- Timeline and next steps for the review of Housing Related Support
- Learning from good practice in improving existing housing and support
- Developing new specialist housing
- Responding flexibly to the diversity and complexity of people’s individual needs
The morning session will focus on the future funding and regulatory system for supported housing. Delegates will hear from MHCLG and DWP about the Government's future plans for reform.
The afternoon session will examine best practice in delivering housing and support for vulnerable people.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone with an interest in supported housing, including: housing providers, local authority housing services, local care services and representative groups.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Dominic.Leigh@dodsgroup.com