- Dr. Anne Corrin, Head of Professional Learning & Development, Royal College of Nursing
- Further speakers TBC
Two years on from reforms to student nursing funding, applications for courses have dipped. Universities and health services must work together to adapt to the changes and continue to attract and retain student nurses. Issues facing the sector include financial sustainability, the effect on mature students and how speciality courses should respond.
Attend this Westminster Briefing event for an update of the changes to student nurse funding. You will receive guidance on how your organisation can work in partnership with others and meet the challenges faced.
Key Issues to be Addressed:
- The story so far: assessing the effect of reforms to healthcare education funding
- Working with placements providers to meet needs and expectations
- Strengthening relationships with local NHS Trusts to improve training & employment
- New routes into nursing, including apprenticeships and the fast track Nurse First programme
- How to prevent shortages in speciality courses
- Good practice in supporting student nurses through their education and training
- Effectively supporting student nurses during their education & training
About the Day:
In the morning session delegates will assess the landscape of student nursing, two years on from the landmark reforms to funding. This is a good opportunity to assess how your organisation can improve its strategy for student nursing.
The afternoon session will focus on good practice in student nursing. The session will look at how both course and placement providers can ensure high quality health education, reduce attrition rates and support students throughout their studies.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.
For registration enquiries please contact:
Customer.firstname.lastname@example.org | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: email@example.com
Who Should Attend?
Delegates will be drawn from: nursing, midwifery & AHP course leaders, link lecturers, department heads & Deans, university admissions officers, student financial support teams, widening participation teams, practice education facilitators, NHS human resources teams and student nursing, midwifery and AHP placement managers.