As classrooms sizes continue to grow alongside budgetary pressures, school resource management must be placed at the heart of institutions to ensure the best possible experience is offered to pupils. However, the Department for Education has recently released new initiatives to help schools manage the pressure, including the Integrated Curriculum Financial Planning Model, the School Resource Management Strategy and the School Expansion Fund. With these in mind, this briefing will focus on the three key aspects of school resource management:
1. Recent policy and Government initatives to help with spending
2. Effective procurement processes and use of networks
3. Financial planning and resilience
Join Westminster Briefing on Wednesday 24 April to plan out the future of your school, ensuring that you are making effective and efficient use of opportunities offered by the Government to make the most out of your school. We will examine the toolkits and funding currently available and what leading schools are already doing to make their resources work for them.
Key issues to be addressed include:
- Making best use of School Resource Management Strategy: efficient and effective development of school resources
- Integrated Curriculum Financial Planning model: effective use of suppliers and decision-making
- The School Expansion Fund: how Progress 8 and Ofsted ratings impact growth and assessment
- Capacity and budgeting: maximising your operating capacity and achieving sustainable outcomes for pupils across the school population
- Improving procurement processes and relationships with suppliers
The morning session will examine how schools can ensure they are making the most of the policy and initatives currently available to them to succeed.
The afternoon session will focus on best practices in financial planning and resilience, with a particular focus on communication and networking.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
Who should attend?
Anyone with an interest in school resource management, including: school business managers; school financial teams; administrative officers; headteachers; principals; heads of extracurricular activities and trips; funding officers; governors; teaching unions; chief executives; chief financial officers and representative groups.
Our events are CPD certified. This event is equivalent to 3 CPD points.
A certificate is available on request post-event to all attendees.
Please note that all speakers and the agenda are subject to change without notice.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657