The Serious Violence Strategy 2018 aims to coordinate the UK’s response to serious violence, balancing prevention measures with law enforcement. In order to stem the rise in violence, agencies must work together to both prevent exploitation and disrupt criminal behaviour.
Attend this Westminster Briefing to receive an up-to-date brief on the Government’s new strategy and what your organisation can do to reduce violence and tackle exploitation.
Key Issues to be Addressed:
- Overview of The Serious Violence Strategy 2018
- What has caused the rise in knife crime in the UK?
- County lines: tackling gangs’ drug networks and supporting vulnerable young people
- The benefits of early intervention and prevention
- The role of the police in providing an effective and robust law enforcement response
- Good practice in tackling serious violence and exploitation
- Developing a joined-up approach across local agencies
About the Day:
The morning session will focus on the recent Serious Violence Strategy and it's implications for tackling violence and gang exploitation in the UK. You will hear from experts on how to assess priorities and develop an effective ocal strategy.
The afternoon session will look at good practice and real-life case studies in reducing serious violence. The purpose of this session is for you to take back ideas to improve services in your area.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657