Early years education can significantly increase school readiness by supporting disadvantaged children in cognitive and linguistic development. However, in 2018 the Childcare and Early Years Survey of Parents in England report found that in low-income families were less likely to take advantage of free or Tax-Free Childcare, resulting in a £600 million underspend in funding. In schools the attainment gap between children on free school meals and their peers at the end of Reception has increased, particularly for children living outside of the capital.
Join Westminster Briefing this April to ensure your organisation is meeting government requirements for childcare services and prioritise academic opportunities for disadvantaged children in your region.
Key issues to be addressed:
- An update on the national landscape for disadvantaged children since the implementation of Tax-Free Childcare
- Analysing the outcomes of The Childcare and Early Years Survey of Parents and The Survey of Childcare and Early Years Providers
- Closing the gap between children on free school meals and their peers: best approaches to education for Early Years
- Providing effective training for teachers and educators for Early Years
- School Readiness: Assessing progression and measuring success
- Providing effective SEND support and exploring funding availability
About the event:
The morning session will focus on an update on recent policy and guidance from the Department for Education on childcare provision, including an overview of the results of the Childcare and Early Years Survey of Parents in England.
The afternoon session will examine best practice in successfully providing cognitive and linguistic development for 2-3 year olds and assessing school readiness in early years.
Who should attend?
This event is for: Early Years Foundation Stage Teams, Child Health Services, Playgroups, Childminders, Sure Start Centres, Local Authorities, Ofsted Inspectors, Children’s Trusts and Children’s Centres, Children’s Services and Families Services, Parental Engagement Teams, Extended Services Teams, Family Health Teams and Outreach Workers, Inclusion Teams, Performance and Practice Teams, Social Workers and Social Services Officers, Learning and Skills Council and Voluntary and Community Organisations
Our events are CPD certified. This event is equivalent to 3 CPD points.
A certificate is available on request post-event to all attendees.
Please note that all speakers and the agenda are subject to change without notice.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657