- Tom Goldman, Deputy Director, Funding Policy Unit, Department for Education
- Jules White, Headteacher, Tanbridge House School
- David Allen, School Business Management Commercial Engagement lead, Schools Commercial Team, Department for Education, Fellow, ISBL
- David Bentley, Head of Asset Management, CIPFA
- Matthew Clements Wheeler, COO, Bordesley Green Girls School and ISBL Trustee
- Simon Oxenham, Resource Manager, Southend High School for Boys and ISBL Trustee
Funding and financial health continue to be contentious topics in the debate over improving educational outcomes. Teaching Unions have raised concerns about ‘underfunding’, while others have argued that the overall quantum of funding is sufficient, but that schools need to spend money more efficiently. At the recent ASCL Conference, Education Secretary Damian Hinds admitted 'funding was tight' after members voted 'funding' as the number one issue 'driving all others'.
The levels of future school funding and details of the incoming National Funding Formula are becoming a little clearer; however, as schools face real term cuts the focus now shifts to securing financial health and efficiency within your setting. Register for this Westminster Briefing to receive an up-to-date brief from the Deputy Director of the Funding Policy Unit in DfE. Stay informed of government plans and better understand how to ensure budgetary stability.
The conference will cover the impact in your setting, your school network and beyond, with examples of best practice from schools and local authorities that have faced similar changes and found sustainable solutions.
Key issues to be addressed:
- Update on the implementation of National Funding Formula and funding changes
- Financial benchmarking: discover how your school compares with similar schools
- Utilising DfE’s recommended national deals offering significant savings
- Learning from peers: how other schools are managing funding changes
- Driving strategies for preventing deficits to deal with financial uncertainty
- Proven school case-studies: innovative ideas for securing funding
About the Event:
In the morning session you will explore the future of school funding and the implementation of the revised National Funding Formula, as well as school efficiency strategies.
In the afternoon session you will learn from good practice case studies outlining and overcoming the financial challenges. The session will be highly interactive and will provide practical guidance on how you can develop your practice in your own setting.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
Who Should Attend?
Delegates will be drawn from anyone with a responsibility for running their school, including but not limited to: headteachers, senior and middle leaders, school finance leaders, governors, alternative education providers, pupil referral units and local authorities stakeholders
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Rhys.Moffat@dodsgroup.com