Confirmed to speak:
- Nick Ceadel, PE and School Sport Team, Healthy Pupil Unit, DfE
With an increased focus on promoting healthy lifestyles and role that school sports can play in that, this is a critical time for those working in sports for children and young people.
Attend this Westminster Briefing for a full update on these developments, including a presentation from the PE and School Sport Team, Healthy Pupil Unit, DfE. You will learn how to access the latest funding and hear from sector-leading school case studies.
Key Issues to be Addressed Include:
- Update on the Government’s sports strategy for children, young people and schools
- Understanding and utilising the funding available
- The role of schools in encouraging physical activity
- Building on the success of the Primary PE & Sport Premium
- Providing accessible and attractive sports outside of school hours
- The role of County Sports Networks in developing your local offer
- Overview of Sport England’s ‘Towards an Active Nation’ vision and what it means for you
- Improving the quality and availability of coaching staff and skilled teachers
- Learning from areas that have increased participation rates and opportunities for sport
The morning session will give a comprehensive update on the latest policy and funding developments, alongside views from the wider sector and key stakeholders.
The afternoon session will look at practical strategies for ensuing the best provision possible, drawing on examples of best practice from schools and beyond.
Who Should Attend?
You will join a range of delegates including but not limited to: Headteachers, PE Teachers & Advisors, Sports & Physical Activity Officers, School Games Organisers, Community Sports Groups, Partnership Managers, Active Education Managers, Sports & Leisure Commissioning Managers, Public Health Teams and anyone with an interest in improving sport participation in children & young people.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Tim.Archer@westminster-briefing.com