Confirmed to speak:
- Jill Beswick, Chair, School and Public Health Nurses Association
- Kerrie Adams, Senior Public Health & Commissioning Manager, Nottinghamshire County Council
- Tim Davis, Senior Commissioner - Public Health, Southampton City Council
- Geraldine Spink, Senior School Nurse, Solent NHS Trust
- Simone Lane, Commissioning Manager - Healthy Child Programme, East Sussex County Council
- Geraldine Goodall, Operational Manager, Birmingham School Health Advisory Service
- Janet Savage, Clinical Lead, Birmingham School Health Advisory Service
- Rosalind Godson, Professional Officer - Health Sector, Unite the Union
- Sue Johnson, Independent Consultant & Leadership Coach (Event Chair)
Schools nurses play a key role in improving health outcomes for children and young people but face considerable challenges in the years ahead. Budget cuts & growing demands mean school nurses must continue to innovate, integrate and promote their services whilst keeping children and young people at the heart of everything they do.
Attend this Westminster Briefing event to learn how to overcome the challenges & opportunities you face now and in the future. Engaging with our expert panel and your peers, you will explore the national picture for school nursing, how you can meet ever-growing demands and gain practical guidance from innovative & effective services.
Key issues to be addressed include:
- The national picture for school nursing: future opportunities & challenges
- Achieving more with less: providing excellent care at a time of financial constraint
- Improving relationships between commissioners and providers
- Evidencing excellence: ensuring the right data collection to promote your service
- Commissioning a school nursing service tailored to your local needs
- Working with your teaching & school colleagues to improve your provision
- Safeguarding & your workload: effectively meeting your duties
- Successful school nursing provision from across the country
- Supporting your school nursing workforce to overcome the challenges ahead
The morning session will focus on the current national policy landscape and what this means for school nurses and commissioners.
The afternoon session will explore current good practice in school nursing service design & delivery. The session will be highly interactive, and will provide you with practical guidance to take back and implement in your organisation.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
Who Should Attend?
Delegates will be drawn from across health, education and children’s service sectors including, but not limited to: school nurses, public health commissioners & officials, locality leads, school managers and counsellors, clinical leads, local authorities, Health & Wellbeing Boards, community children’s health services, teachers, third sector carers organisations, academics and anyone with a role or interest in supporting better children’s health outcomes.
For registration enquiries please contact:
email@example.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: William.Walker-Lane@westminster-briefing.com