Schools nurses play a key role in improving health outcomes for children but face considerable challenges. Budget cuts & growing demands mean school nurses must continue to innovate, integrate and promote their services whilst keeping young people at the heart of everything they do.
Attend this Westminster Briefing event to explore the national picture for school nursing, how you can meet ever-growing demands and gain practical guidance from innovative & effective services.
Key issues to be addressed:
- The national landscape for school nursing: future opportunities & challenges
- Achieving more with less: providing excellent care at a time of financial constraint
- Safeguarding & your workload: effectively meeting your duties
- Identifying gaps in your service and innovating to overcome these
- Commissioning a joined-up approach from early years to adult services
- Examples of successful school nursing provision from across the country
- Supporting your school nursing workforce to overcome the challenges ahead
About the event:
The morning session will focus on the current national policy landscape and what this means for school nurses and commissioners.
The afternoon session will explore current good practice in school nursing service design & delivery. The session will be highly interactive, and provide you with practical guidance to take back and implement in your organisation.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.
Who should attend?
Delegates at this briefing will be drawn from across health, education and children's service sectors including, but not limited to: School nurses, public health commissioners & officials, locality leads, school managers and counsellors, clinical leads, Health Visitors, local authorities, Health & Wellbeing Boards, community children's health services, academics and anyone with a role or interest in supporting better children's health outcomes.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657