Confirmed to speak:
- Matthew Barnes, Specialist Advisor - SEND, Ofsted
- Garry Freeman, Director of Inclusion & SENCo Guiseley School; Lead Secondary SENCo, Leeds LA; Associate Consultant, Nasen & Associate, Leeds Beckett University
- Brian Lamb OBE, Visiting Professor of Special Educational Needs and Disability, Derby University & Chair, The Lamb Review of SEND
- Dr Julia Katherine, Head of Inclusion, Portsmouth County Council & Member, DfE SEND Implementation Board
As the transition to the new SEND system enters its final year, and with a new funding boost of £215 million announced in March, this is a critical time for those working in SEN provision.
Attend this Westminster Briefing for a full update on these developments, learn how to access the latest capital funding and hear the latest evidence from Ofsted and the CQC’s inspections.
Key Issues to be Addressed Include:
- Overview of current government policies and funding initiatives
- Final year of transition to the new SEND system
- How to access the latest SEND provision capital funding
- SEND and Ofsted: what to expect on inspection
- Ensuring a whole-school approach: SEN Support alongside provision for those with EHCPs
- The significance of school websites: School Information Report and beyond
- What effective SEN Support looks like
- Measuring the progress of SEN students
The morning session will look at the latest policy and funding developments, alongside up-to-date inspection feedback.
The afternoon session will look at strategies for ensuing the best provision possible for SEN students, and how to measure their success.
Who Should Attend?
You will join a range of school, local authority, health and children's services stakeholders who are preparing for or have in interest in SEND provision.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Tim.Archer@westminster-briefing.com