Confirmed to speak:
- Matthew Barnes, Specialist Advisor - SEND, Ofsted
- (Chair) Garry Freeman, Director of Inclusion & SENCo, Guiseley School; Lead Secondary SENCo, Leeds LA; Associate Consultant, Nasen & Associate, Leeds Beckett University
As local authorities and schools complete their transition to the new SEND system, facilitated by a £29 million funding boost recently announced by the DfE, attention is turning as to how to ensure outstanding provision for all pupils who need it and how best to evidence that to inspectors.
Attend this Westminster Briefing for a full update on the latest developments and an inspection briefing from Matthew Barnes, Specialist Advisor (SEND), Ofsted. Special focus will be paid to strategies looking at those on SEN Support as well as EHCPs and how schools can ensure appropriate support for all pupils who need it.
Key issues to be addressed:
- Completing transition to the new SEND system: new funding for councils
- Statutory assessment and Education, Health and Care plans, including targets and reviews
- Ofsted/CQC: what to expect on inspection and avoiding misconceptions
- The impact of the wider funding landscape, including the NFF and High Needs Funding
- Implications of the Rochford Review: removing statutory requirements in assessment
- Overview of current government policies and funding initiatives
- Growing the workforce: training up SENCos & Teaching Assistants and addressing workload
- Learning from settings offering high performing SEND provision
- Ensuring quality provision for those on SEN Support as well as those with EHCPs: latest learnings from Local Area SEND Inspections
About the event:
The morning session will look at the latest policy and funding developments, alongside up-to-date inspection feedback.
The afternoon session will look at strategies for ensuing the best provision possible for SEN students, and how to measure their success.
Who should attend?
You will join a range of education stakeholders including, but not limited to, head teachers, senior and middle leaders, SENCOs, alternative education providers, pupil referral units, local authorities, relevant governors, health and children's services stakeholders who are preparing for or have in interest in SEND provision.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Tim.Archer@Westminster-Briefing.com