- Matthew Good, Planning Director, WYG
- Ivan Tennant, Housing Need Assessment Lead, AECOM
- Michael Bullock, Managing Director, Arc4
- Cllr Ric Pallister OBE, South Somerset District Council (event chair)
- Christina Howick, Director–Planning, Policy and Evidence, Peter Brett
- Hamish Simmie, Associate, Housing Need and Supply Team, Savills UK
- Duncan Neish, Policy Officer, National Housing Federation
The Government has now responded to the technical consultation on updates to NPPF and reformed housing need assessments. The reforms include a change in the definition of 'deliverability' and deliverable sites, changes to how to use the standard method appropriately and exceptional circumstances which warrant the use of an alternative method to the standard. Housing need assessments play the crucial first step in the process of when deciding how many and what type of homes should be delivered in specific places.
Join Westminster Briefing in London on the 30th of April for a full update on the reforms to the NPPF in relation to assessing housing need. Understand how these changes will affect your organisation’s appropriate assessment and delivery of new homes and learn the technical support available to you when conducting housing need assessments.
Key issues to be addressed:
- Housing need and the reforms to the national planning policy framework requirements
- Providing stability and certainty for local planning authorities and communities
- Defining and understanding housing need and what is understood as ‘deliverable’
- Meeting the diverse needs of your neighbourhoods
- Technical support available for housing need assessments
- Effective preparation of evidence which understands the varying needs to supply the right housing
About the day:
The morning session will look at the policy reforms to housing need assessments with particular attention to land supply, deliverability and appropriate assessment and how these will change the way these assessments are carried out.
The afternoon session will explore conducting appopriate housing need assessments in practice: From the standardised method of setting the baseline and adjusting for affordability in your area, to incoporating the diverse needs of neighbourhoods in assessment and effectively preparing evidence.
We will provide morning refreshments and a networking lunch. Please let us know about any special needs or dietary requirements.
Who should attend?
Anyone undertaking housing need assessments now or in the future or those with an interest in housing need, including but not limited to: local authority housing and planning officers; housing associations; benefits teams and managers; councillors; & consultants.
Our events are CPD certified. This event is equivalent to 3 CPD points.
A certificate is available on request post-event to all attendees.
Please note that all speakers and the agenda are subject to change without notice.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: William.Egan@dodsgroup.com