- Garry Shewan, Assistant Chief Constable, Greater Manchester Police & National Lead for Restorative Justice, NPCC
- Jon Collins, CEO, Restorative Justice Council
- Atul Sharda, Director of Business Development, Restorative Solutions CIC
- Charlotte Calkin, Director, Restorative Engagement Forum
- Jacob Dunne, Restorative Justice Advocate and Public Speaker
- Barbara Oakley, Operations Manager and National RJ Lead, Victim Support
- Further speakers TBC
Restorative justice is gaining momentum as a tool within the criminal justice system. It can form a key part of the ‘offer’ to victims and can change the lives of offenders. The three pillars of equal access, awareness and understanding, and good quality services all remain vital to the success of restorative justice.
Following the MoJ’s latest Restorative Justice Action Plan, attend this timely Westminster Briefing to assess the Government’s plans for restorative justice. This is the ideal opportunity to consider how restorative justice can improve in your area and explore best practice from across the UK.
Key Issues to be Addressed:
- The Restorative Justice Action Plan 2016-18: Government action and priorities
- Ensuring equal access to services at all stages of the criminal justice system
- Police & Crime Commissioners: the key role in commissioning and promoting RJ
- RJ in youth justice: reforming young offenders and supporting victims
- Collaborative working between the Police, youth offending teams, LAs, CRCs and other agencies
- Ensuring awareness and understanding of RJ: what it is and how to access it
- Learning from best practice in effective RJ provision
About the Day:
In the morning session delegates will be briefed on the current policy scene and latest government action.
The afternoon session will focus on best practice in restorative justice. The aim of this session is for delegates to take back practical ideas back to their local areas.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Calum.Ennis@westminster-briefing.com
Who Should Attend?
Delegates will be drawn from across the criminal justice and community safety sector, including: Restorative Justice Practitioners; probation services; police services; HM Prison Service; IOM, PPO and DIP teams and services; CRCs; Youth Offending Teams; Community Safety Partnerships; local criminal justice boards; IOM teams; LCJBs; CPS and courts; DAATs; central departments; and third sector organisations.