Confirmed to Speak:
- Stephen Rollett, Inspections and Accountability Specialist, Association of School & College Leaders
- Dr Rachael Norman, Lead School Improvement Adviser, Lambeth Council & Former Headteacher
- (Chair) Andrew Lagden, Education Consultant
- Further Speakers tba
As Ofsted continue to make adjustments to their Common Inspection Framework it is crucial that school leaders stay up-to-date with the latest changes, such as amended timescales for short inspections and new guidelines on the inspection of the curriculum.
Attend this Westminster Briefing to hear all the details of these latest changes alongside a comprehensive overview of the CIF and how to best prepare for your inspection. Learn from schools that have excelled at the challenges you’re facing and question sector experts. This event has been attended by nearly 1000 colleagues from the sector over the past five years as part of their school’s inspection preparation.
Key Issues to be Addressed Include:
- Overview of the current Ofsted Inspection Framework from September 2017
- Update on any changes to the framework, including proposed amendments to the timescale for short inspections in 2017
- Developments in how Ofsted inspects the curriculum, including those concerning the EBacc
- Assessment arrangements and how they relate to inspections
- Implications of Ofsted’s ‘focused inspections’ of Multi-Academy Trusts
- Preparing and embedding practices to be inspection-ready, including the importance of current evidence, self-evaluation and self-improvement plans
- Providing evidence of the progress of pupils currently in school, including disadvantaged and SEND: use of assessment and internal data
- How to support staff through an inspection
- How school leaders have prepared for inspections, ensuring key documents such as SEF & SIP and others are in place
The morning session will focus on understanding inspection under the current framework, including what schools can do to prepare and what the process is like in practice.
The afternoon session will build on this, focusing on individual experiences and examples of best practice, learning from schools that have been through the process and examining what more you can do to be ready.
Who Should Attend?
You will join a range of education stakeholders including, but not limited to: school and academy heads, senior and middle leaders, relevant governors, LA school improvement officers and local, regional and national bodies involved or interested in understanding inspection of schools.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Tim.Archer@westminster-briefing.com