In view of the continuous uncertainty caused by the Covid-19 pandemic and our duty of care towards delegates, speakers, sponsors and staff, we have decided to postpone the event to a later date in the year.
It is a decision we have not taken lightly. However, we believe it is the most appropriate one in the face of the current situation.
We are now working to set a new date in the Autumn, which we will communicate to you during the first half of next week. Keep following us!
- Simon Gallagher, Planning Director, Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government
- Richard Blyth, Head of Policy and Practice, RTPI
- Stuart Hardisty, Director, Institute of Economic Development
- Cara Pacitti, Researcher, The Resolution Foundation
- Sadie Morgan, Board Member, National Infrastructure Commission
- Andrew Forth, Head of Policy and Public Affairs, RIBA
- Further speakers to be announced
The new Government has pledged to pursue a programme of further deregulation and simplification of the planning system combined with heavy investment in infrastructure. Details include reforms in order to reach the target of 300,000 homes per year by the mid-2020’s, the simplification of the planning system through an Accelerated Planning White Paper and amendments to planning rules to ensure ‘infrastructure first’ before people move into an area.
Join us on the 7th April to receive an up-to-date brief on what planning policy will look like under the new Government. We will hear the latest proposals for reform from the Director of Planning in MHCLG, what these reforms mean for your organisation and how thought leaders in the sector are preparing for these changes.
Key issues to be addressed:
- An Overview of the New Government’s priorities for planning reforms
- Understand the forthcoming Accelerated Planning White Paper and how it will “streamline” the planning process to increase delivery
- Driving support for MMC (Modern Methods of Construction) to increase delivery
- Permitted development reforms and their impact on delivery
- Considered revisions to the National Planning Policy Framework
- Review Government national infrastructure priorities
- Delivering “Infrastructure First”: Amending planning rules so that infrastructure comes before people move into homes
- Access available funding: £10bn Single Housing Infrastructure Fund
About the day:
The morning will focus on the reforms to delivery of housing, including mention of the Accelerated Planning White Paper, permitted development reforms and considered revision to MMC.
The afternoon session will focus upon the new Government's national infrastructure priorities, including how they will deliver "infrastructure first" and how you can access available funding.
Who should attend?
Delegates will be drawn from anyone with an interest in planning policy, including: planning & regeneration officers; elected members; developers & the wider construction sector; solicitors; community groups & land owners.
Our events are CPD certified. This event is equivalent to 3 CPD points.
A certificate is available on request post-event to all attendees.
Please note that all speakers and the agenda are subject to change without notice.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com |
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: William.Egan@dodsgroup.com