Confirmed to Speak:
- James Sanderson, Director of Personalised Care, NHS England
- Matthew Bushell, Senior Practitioner - Autism Team, Kent County Council
- Sue Johnson, Independent Consultant and Leadership Coach (Event Chair)
- Further Speakers TBA
The personalisation of health and social care services is a key tenet of the current Government’s health policy. According to the Government, personal health budgets “allows users of NHS and social care services to access services in a way that fits them as an individual and enables the services to be tailored to their particular needs.” The Government has opened a consultation proposing the expansion of personal health budgets to a number of new groups – taking the total up from 23,000 to as many as 350,000.
Attend this Westminster Briefing to help you understand Personal Health Budgets, their expansion and how best to maximise outcomes and overcome challenges you will face in delivery. Learn from case studies of good practice and network with your peers to gain practical advice to take back to your organisation.
Key Issues to be Addressed:
- The case for personal health budgets: how can they help?
- The potential for further expansion and how it affects you
- Prioritising budgets: Targeting those who need it most
- Lessons from previous expansions of Personal Health Budgets
- Mitigating financial risks and cost implications of expansion
- “The right to have”: Improving patient awareness and understanding
- Designing and delivering an excellent care and support plan
- Measuring outcomes and acting on results effectively
- Examples of successful practice & innovative care plans
- Supporting patients with their choices and budgeting
- Improving engagement with patients and families to improve your local offer
- Developing a local peer network to support recipients
About the Event:
The morning session will focus on the policy surrounding Personal Health Budgets, their expansion and the challenges you may face in implementing these changes.
The afternoon session will focus on examples of good practice in commissioning, patient support and partnerships working with lessons to take back to your setting.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking
Who Should Attend?
CCGs, Commissioning Support Units, GPs, Health & Wellbeing Boards, Third Sector Providers, Locality Leads, Finance Managers, Patient Groups and all those interested in commissioning, social and integrated care.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com |
0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: William.Walker-Lane@westminster-briefing.com