- Cllr Adele Morris, Southwark Council (event chair)
- Clem Smith, Head of Economy & Planning, Crawley Borough Council
- Stuart Hardisty, Director, Institute of Economic Development
- Katherine Else, Managing Director, Claremont Planning Consultancy
- Further speakers to be announced
Utilising permitted development rights fundamentally changes the route many take in the planning process. PDRs allow certain building and development works to be carried out without the need to make a planning application. With the government recently announcing reforms in this area, including new permanent rights to support the regeneration of the high street and to create new homes, how can your organisation mitigate problems and make use of opportunities where these rights apply?
Join Westminster Briefing on the 29th August to hear of the latest policy changes in utilising permitted development rights in the planning process. This is your opportunity to understand how your organisation can make use of the opportunities when these rights are utilised and mitigate problems when deployed without sufficient foresight.
Key issues to be addressed:
- Overview of the Government’s plans to extend Permitted Development Rights and reform use classes
- Defining Permitted Development Rights
- The Government’s closed consultation seeking views on supporting the regeneration of the high street and extending existing buildings upwards to create new homes through PDRs
- The feasibility of a new right to allow for the demolition of existing commercial buildings and their redevelopment as residential
- Streamlining the planning process with PDRs
- Exploring the options local authorities have for maintaining control over quality standards when PDR applies
- Supporting housing delivery through PDRs
The morning session will give an overview of the government actions, guidance & next steps in relation to permitted development rights.
The afternoon session will examine how to effectively make use of opportunities and mitigate problems when working with permitted development rights in practice.
Who should attend?
Anyone with an interest in permitted development rights, including but not limited to: Local authorities; Developers; Planning Authorities; Planning Solicitors & Consultants; Surveyors; and Representative Groups.
Our events are CPD certified. This event is equivalent to 3 CPD points.
A certificate is available on request post-event to all attendees.
Please note that all speakers and the agenda are subject to change without notice.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: William.Egan@dodsgroup.com