- Richard Fewkes, National Co-ordinator, Operation Hydrant
- Ben Widdicombe, Director - IM, IT, Research and Analytics, Independent Inquiry Child Sexual Abuse
- Elly Hanson, Independent Clinical Psychologist
- Gabrielle Shaw, CEO, NAPAC - National Association for People Abused in Childhood
- Helen Merfield, Director, WPCM Services
- Mark Willis, Director, WPCM
- Kevin Vanterpool (Chair), Independent Victim Services Consultant & Former Head of Criminal Justice, Cambridgeshire Constabulary
- Further speakers TBC
Non-recent sexual abuse has placed extreme demands on the whole of the criminal justice system. The rise in reporting has increased police workloads and presents a unique challenge to the way in which victims are supported in the UK.
Join Westminster Briefing on Wednesday 26 September to receive an up-to-date brief on non-recent sexual abuse. You will hear from experts on the national picture and explore what you can do to support the victims you deal with.
Key Issues to be Addressed:
- The scale of non-recent child sexual abuse and Government action
- Understanding the rise in reporting and the new demands on agencies
- The role of Operation Hydrant in directing the police response
- Developing a victim-centred approach to non-recent child sexual abuse
- Holding organisations to account: the work of the Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse
- Joined-up working across agencies to cope with demand and deliver a coordinated response
- Good practice in tackling non-recent crimes
About the Day:
In the morning session delegates will receive an overview on the national landscape and the impact of the rise in reported non-recent crime. You will explore what your organisation can be doing to meet demand and support victims.
The afternoon session will look at the practical steps that can be taken to develop your strategy for non-recent sexual abuse.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.
For registration enquiries please contact:
Customer.firstname.lastname@example.org | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: email@example.com
Who Should Attend?
Delegates will be drawn from all organisations and institutions affected by non-recent sexual abuse, including: the police; local authorities; health services; churches and religious bodies; schools and educational institutes; care homes; the Independent Inquiry Into Child Sexual Abuse and all other individuals and organisations with an interest in non-recent abuse.