- Leigh Middleton, CEO, The National Youth Agency
- Erik Mesel, Senior Grants and Public Policy Manager, John Lyon’s Charity
- Justin Watson, Director, Young Manchester
- Mervyn Kaye, CEO, Youth First
- Richard Parkes, Managing Director, Young Lambeth Co-operative
- Further speakers tba
With funding for Youth Services still under severe pressure, and the knock-on effects of their reduction being fully recognised, now is a crucial time for Local Authorities and their partners in this area.
Join Westminster Briefing in November to receive an up-to-date brief on the Youth Services landscape now and in the future. Hear about the latest government plans and how your area can access funding to support successful programmes. You will hear about the latest good practice from a range of delivery models and have the chance to network with colleagues from across the country.
Key Issues to be Addressed Include:
- Update on the current Youth Services landscape
- Accessing existing funding and identifying alternative sources
- Impact of the Civil Society Strategy: Youth Steering and Commissioning Groups
- Collaboration with the National Citizen Service
- Assessing different models of youth service delivery
- Involving employers for funding and expertise
- Building user voice into programme design and delivery
- Sharing best practice: examples of targeted, innovative programmes
- Strategies to ringfence funding and ensure all-year round support
The morning session will focus on current and future challenges for Local Authorities and partners delivering Youth Services, looking at the policy, funding and innovations that are affecting the sector.
The afternoon session will look closer at practitioner-focussed case studies, providing strategies to take back and implement in your setting.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone with an interest in Youth Services delivery, including but not limited to: local authority officers, councillors, youth workers, youth engagement teams, outreach teams, children and young people’s services, schools and colleges, voluntary and community organisations and associated partners.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: email@example.com