- Stuart Woodin, Technical Director, Neighbourhood Planning, Policy and Appraisal, AECOM
- Dave Chetwyn, Managing Director / Partner, Urban Vision Enterprise CIC
- Futher speakers TBC
Neighbourhood Planning allows local areas to take back control over community development. With over £20 million being dedicated to the funding of neighbourhood plans until 2022, communities across the country have more power than ever to take the lead on sustainable growth.
Join Westminster Briefing in Birmingham to hear an update on the most recent changes to the neighbourhood planning programme and to learn good practice in approaching and reviewing your planning strategy.
Key issues to be addressed:
- An overview of the National Planning Policy Framework on infrastructure and development
- Legal standards applicable to neighbourhood planning
- Government’s plans to increase coverage across the UK and encourage uptake in urban areas
- Grant funding and technical support: locating your eligibility criteria and interacting with the Locality team
- Supporting your neighbourhoods in achieving sustainable development
- Reviewing, monitoring and implementing a neighbourhood plan
About the event:
The morning session will focus on Government policies impacting neighbourhood development, including the most recent updates to the National Planning Policy Framework. It will also provide advice on approaching the legal and contractual requirements of project planning.
The afternoon session will provide in-depth advice on reviewing, monitoring and implementing your neighbourhood plan. You will have the opportunity to explore good practice when working in partnership with your local community.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
Who should attend?
Delegates will be drawn from all those with an interest in neighbourhood planning policy, including: planning and regeneration officers, developers, parish councillors, community group representatives, policy advisors, property owners, contractors, legal consultants and architects.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657