The Government has now published the revised National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF), which sets out the government’s planning policies for England and how these are expected to be applied. Key changes include the introduction of a new Housing Delivery Test for Local Planning Authorities (LPAs), a standardised method for assessing housing need, new design standards and updated guidance for local authorities and developers on infrastructure and affordable housing.
Join Westminster Briefing on 16th October for an up to date brief on the Government's reforms to the National Planning Policy Framework from Michael Bingham, Head of Planning Strategy, Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government.
Key Issues to be Addressed Include:
- Overview of the key changes to the NPPF
- Changes relating to the development of local plans
- Assessing housing need
- Achieving Sustainable Development
- NPPF and Affordable Housing
- Reforms to viability assessments
- Maintaining strong protections for the environment
- New quality and design standards
- The Housing Delivery Test and its impact on local authorities and developers
- Good practice examples of LPAs and developers working in partnership to ensure developments are completed
The morning session will examine the key changes contained in the revised National Planning Policy Framework.
The afternoon session will focus on measures to improve housing delivery, including how local authorities and developers can work in partnership to ensure developments are completed.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone with an interest in the planning process, including: local government planning officers; elected members; developers; consultants; surveyors and solicitors.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Dominic.Leigh@dodsgroup.com