**Please note last minute venue change**
Confirmed Speakers Include:
- Lee Atkins, Regional Improvement Support Officer (Central & South West), Child Outcomes Research Consortium
- Mike Kilbride, Principal, Birkenhead Sixth Form College
- Jane Darougar, Counsellor, Leyton College
- Erica Thompson, Mental Health Education & Employment Adviser, Hackney Community College
- Toni King, Clinical Lead for Recovery & Peer Workers, Mental Health Recovery Team, Solent NHS Trust
- Jo Dawson, Peer Trainer, Solent Recovery College
- Maff Potts, Founder, The Association of Camerados
- Amy Smith, President, Sheffield College Students’ Union
- John Freeman CBE, event chair
Prime Minister Theresa May announced in January that the Government will pilot “mental health first aid training for teachers and staff to help them identify and assist children experiencing mental health problems”. However, these pilots will only apply to schools and not FE colleges. With much of the public discourse on young people’s mental health focusing on schools & universities, it is important to recognise the need to improve mental health support in further education.
Join Westminster Briefing for an up to date brief on improving mental health in further education. Attend on 28 September to hear about latest policy developments, learn from leading colleges who are already offering more support and examine what you can do to embed a whole institution approach.
Key Issues to be Addressed Include:
- Latest policy developments in mental health provision
- Measuring & monitoring wellbeing & evaluating the support you offer
- Providing qualified on-site support
- Equipping staff with the skills needed to support students
- Supporting staff with their own mental health
- Creating lower stress learning & working environments
- Student perspective: what good mental health provision should include
- Actions leading colleges are taking
- Overcoming barriers & resourcing support
- Building links with local mental health services
- Better supporting students & staff
- Tackling the stigma surrounding mental health
- Embedding a whole institution approach
The morning session will approach the issues from a sector perspective, focusing on the latest developments in improving mental health support in FE colleges.
The afternoon session will examine individual examples of good practice that attendees can learn from and adapt to their own institution.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone with an interest in improving mental health support in FE colleges.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Luke.firstname.lastname@example.org