- Commander Mark McEwan, Head of Profession, Crime Prevention, Inclusion and Engagement , Metropolitan Police Service
- Wayne Chance-McKay, Head of Community Safety, City of Westminster
- Geeta Subramaniam-Mooney, Head of Public Protection and Safety, London Borough of Lewisham
- Tracy Umney, the Unit manager for environment and community protection, London Borough of Southwark
- Annmarie Cowley, Chief Inspector Southwark & Lambeth, Metropolitan Police Service
- Gary Kitching (Chair), Former Chief Officer, Suffolk Constabulary
2018 has been a challenging year for crime in London. Alongside a rise in violent deaths, police and local authorities in the capital continued to face cuts to budgets and deal with the threat of terrorism. The Mayor’s Police and Crime Plan 2017-2021 aims to coordinate London’s approach to community safety.
Join Westminster Briefing on 17 October for an up-to-date brief of community safety in London and how you can implement the Police and Crime Plan.
Key issues to be addressed:
- Understanding and implementing the Mayor’s Police and Crime Plan 2017-2021
- Policing in London: identifying local priorities and vulnerabilities
- Tackling antisocial behaviour: protecting communities and vulnerable people
- Partnership working across the police, local authorities, health services and the third sector
- The London Knife Crime Strategy: Reducing knife crime and gang violence
- Good practice examples of joined-up working to cut crime and protect the public
- Tailoring your approach to your borough
About the day:
The morning session will look at the Mayor's strategy for community safety in London. Delegates will explore the different strands of the plan and how the strategy can be implemented locally.
The afternoon session will focus on good practice across London in combating crime and protecting vulnerable people in the capital.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.
For registration enquiries please contact:
Customer.firstname.lastname@example.org | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: email@example.com
Who should attend?
Delegates will be drawn from all those with a stake in community safety and criminal justice in London, including the Police, Local Authorities, Councillors, Community Safety teams, Health services, charities and all others with an interest.