- Professor Steven Broomhead, Chair, Libraries Taskforce; Chief Executive, Warrington Borough Council
- Ayub Khan MBE, President, Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals; Libraries & Face to Face Services, Warwickshire County Council
- Sue McKenzie, Sector Lead: Culture, Consultation and Community Engagement, Red Quadrant
- Susan Biddle, Sustainable Communities Consultant (event chair)
- More speakers TBC
Join colleagues across the country in December to hear from Professor Steven Broomhead, Chair, Libraries Taskforce about the next steps for implementing the Taskforce's 2016-2021 strategy to reinvigorate local libraries. Delegates will also learn from good practice in strengthening the organisational and financial resilience of libraries in a time of budgetary challenges, using different models of service delivery and making libraries attractive places for local people to visit.
Key Issues to be Addressed:
- Examining and implementing the Libraries Taskforce 2016-2021 strategy
- The Libraries Taskforce’s vision for public library services
- Funding and support available for local libraries to adapt to changing times
- Strengthening the organisational and financial resilience of libraries
- Considering different models for local service delivery
- Enabling local people to access other public services at libraries
- Addressing the barriers to improving digital provision
- Learning from examples of effective practice underway across the country
About the Event:
The morning will include an up-to-date brief from the Chair of the Libraries Taskforce about the Taskforce's strategy for improving libraries, as well as the funding and support available to local libraries. Attendees will also learn about the options available them to help meet the challenges facing local libraries.
The afternoon session will explore good practice that is underway across the country. This session will be highly interactive and will provide you with practical guidance to take back and apply in your area.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs for dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
Who Should Attend?
Library service managers; heads of libraries; local authority chief executives; heads of culture; area managers; service managers; commissioning managers; service improvement managers; communities directors; chief librarians; arts and heritage managers; policy and performance managers, directors of sport & culture and anybody interested in improving their local library service.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.