Confirmed to Speak:
- Dr. Paul Blantern, Chair, Libraries Taskforce
- Ian Leete, Senior Adviser - Culture, Tourism and Sport, Local Government Association
- Lesley O'Halloran, Assistant Director for Customer Services, Wigan Council
- Philip Wilson, Community Resilience Officer, Essex County Council
- Janet Holden, Head of Libraries and Information, Norfolk County Council
- Jenny Peachey, Senior Policy Officer, Carnegie UK Trust
- Susan Biddle, Healthy Communities Consultant (Event Chair)
Libraries provide a unique reach into local communities and offer a cost-effective way of ensuring that people are connected to services when they need them. The Government’s Libraries Taskforce has significant ambitions to help libraries in England thrive. In order to protect frontline library services, radical thinking is required.
Now is the time to learn how you can improve your library service in order to better serve the local needs of your area. Attend this Westminster Briefing to gain a comprehensive overview of the steps you should be taking to transform your local library services. Hear from Dr Paul Blantern, Chair of the Libraries Taskforce to learn how you can best apply the Taskforce's strategy, and discover how you can remain innovative and adapt to changing times.
Key Issues to be Addressed:
- Examining & implementing the strategy of the Government’s Libraries Taskforce
- Developing a ‘libraries first’ approach when planning services for the community
- Generating additional income streams to support existing services and develop new ones
- Addressing the barriers to improving digital provision
- Learning from examples of effective practice underway across the country
- Thinking innovatively to make the most of limited funding
About the Event:
The morning session will provide you with a comprehensive overview of the Government’s Libraries Taskforce strategy, and the steps you should be taking in order to improve your service.
The afternoon session will explore good practice that is underway across the country. This session will be highly interactive and will provide you with practical guidance to take back and apply in your area.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs for dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
Who Should Attend?
Library service managers; heads of libraries; local authority chief executives; heads of culture; area managers; service managers; commissioning managers; service improvement managers; communities directors; chief librarians; arts and heritage managers; policy and performance managers, directors of sport & culture and anybody interested in improving their local library service.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: William.Walker-Lane@westminster-briefing.com
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.