- Allison Bradbury, Head of Local Land Charges Programme, HM Land Registry
- Pat Morgan, Local Land Charges Manager, London Borough of Ealing and Deputy Vice-Chair, Local Land Charges Institute
- More speakers TBC
Beginning in summer 2018, responsibility for the 326 Local Land Charges registers held by English local authorities will be transferred to HM Land Registry. Local authorities will need to prepare for the migration of their data to the new national Local Land Charges Register. When the transfer of data from an individual local authority to HM Land Registry is completed, local authorities will still be required to apply, vary and cancel charges in the new register.
Join Westminster Briefing on Tuesday 2nd October for an up-to-date brief from Allison Bradbury, Head of Local Land Charges Programme, HM Land Registry about the steps your local authority should take to prepare for the new system and to receive a demonstration of how the new national register will work.
Key Issues to be Addressed Include:
- New national Local Land Charges Register: How the register will work, timeline for its introduction and impact on local authorities
- Steps local authorities should take to prepare to migrate to the new system
- Process for transferring registers
- Applying to register charges, vary and cancel registrations
- Applying for official and personal searches of the register
- Maintaining local registers in advance of migration to the national system
- Handling enquiries and document requests in a timely manner
- Ensuring the accuracy and provision of the information
- Case study examples of successful approaches from across the country
The morning session will provide an overview of the Local Land Charges Programme, including a briefing about what local authorities need to do to prepare for the new national register and a demonstration of how it works.
The afternoon will examine good practice in maintaining registers and handling LLC and CON 29 enquiries.
Who Should Attend?
Delegates will come primarily from local authorities and will include Heads of Building Control & Land Charges, Land Charges Manager, Land Charges Officers and Heads of Development Management.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Dominic.Leigh@dodsgroup.com