- Aileen Murphie, Director, MHCLG and local government VFM, National Audit Office
- Colin Noble, National Member Peer, LGA
- Further speakers to be announced
It is now more apparent than ever that local government must rethink service provision to match higher demand with less financial support from central Government. Between 2010 and 2020, councils will have lost almost 60p out of every £1 the Government had provided for services. In these times of fiscal constraint, the strategy behind local government service delivery must be reconsidered in order to be effective.
Join us on the 31st October to explore and develop different strategies for your council’s service provision. We will explore how commercialisation, sharing services across authorities, and outsourcing and insourcing services successfully can contribute to improving the services your council delivers.
Key issues to be addressed:
- How Local Government finances are changing and challenges faced by the sector
- Competing effectively with the private sector: Improving commercial capability for public services
- Exploring the option of partnerships and joint ventures with other public and private organisations
- Ensuring that outsourcing remains as a “force of good” for public services: considering the social and economic benefits when awarding contracts
- Managing risk transfer when outsourcing contracts: realising quality, systemic risk and economic impact
- Developing strategies when insourcing services
- Developing a comprehensive commercial strategy
About the day:
The morning session will focus on commercialising local government services and how to effectively share services with other authorities.
The afternoon session will examine strategies to employ to ensure effective outsourcing and insourcing of local government services.
We will provide morning refreshments and a networking lunch. Please let us know about any special needs or dietary requirements.
Who should attend?
Anyone with an interest in improving local government service delivery, including, but not limited to: local authorities, commercial directors, those involved with public procurement, business currently involved in outsourced contracts, external suppliers for governance and Governmental departments involved in commercial governance.
Our events are CPD certified. This event is equivalent to 3 CPD points.
A certificate is available on request post-event to all attendees.
Please note that all speakers and the agenda are subject to change without notice.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: William.Egan@dodsgroup.com