Confirmed speakers include:
- Richard McKenna, Director, Inclusive Employers (Chair)
- Morgan Page, Client Account Manager, Stonewall
- David Pearson, Director, Global Inclusion & Diversity and Co-chair, Breathe (LGBT) network, KPMG
- Ian Johnson, Chief Executive, OUT NOW
- Natasha Broomfield- Reid, Director, Diverse Matters
- Ian Adams, Director of membership and stakeholder engagement, NHS Resolution
- Julie Fry, Diversity Consultant, Inclusive Employers
Many LGBT employees still hide their sexual orientation at work for fear of discrimination. Despite it being illegal, employers are not doing enough to ensure there is a safe environment for all their staff. A good organisation will recognise that by having a supportive environment, they are able to retain their best staff who will be more efficient in their role. What strategies can be put in place to ensure greater equality?
Join Westminster Briefing on the 9th October for an up-to-date brief on the latest legal & policy context, to discuss the changing of work cultures for the better and to examine ways you can provide better support and retain LGBT staff by working with your whole team.
Key Issues to be Addressed Include:
- Employers’ legal duties to their LGBT staff; legislative and legal developments
- Engaging with the majority to create a shift in attitudes and remove stigma
- Creating a culture where people feel they can be open about their sexuality
- Avoiding the pressure of juggling multiple identities at home and work
- The role of senior leadership
- Measuring progress and overcoming obstacles to collecting data
- Recruiting & Retaining LGBT+ People
- Realising the full potential of LGBT+ talent
- Removing barriers which prevent LGBT people from entering your workforce
- Supporting the LGBT ‘ally’ role in the workplace
The morning session will consider the legal protections afforded to LFGBT employees as well as what cultural changes are necessary for an inclusive and safe environment to thrive.
The afternoon session will provide an opportunity to learn from employers who have a good record in supporting LGBT employees, taking steps to recruit and retain LGBT staff with a more inclusive and accepting atmosphere as well as supportive colleagues.
Who Should Attend?
Delegates will be drawn from anyone with an interest in supporting LGBT people in the workplace, including: employers; HR officers; equality officers; trade union and representative groups; staff networks.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com or Tel: 0207 593 5657