Confirmed to Speak:
- Jennifer Allen, Evidence and Impact, Fair Access and Participation, Office for Fair Access
- Dr Colin McCaig, Reader in Higher Education Policy, Sheffield Hallam University
- Dr Anna Woodhouse, NCOP Research and Evaluation Manager, Go Higher West Yorkshire
- Dr Rom Okeke, Future U Research Associate, National Collaborative Outreach Programme, University of Central Lancashire
- (Chair) Professor John Storan, Director, Continuum Centre for Widening Participation Policy Studies, University of East London & Director, Action on Access
- Dr Abigail Diamond, Managing Director, CFE Research
- Further Speakers TBA
As the new Office for Students takes on the role of promoting and providing the opportunity of successful participation in HE to everyone who can benefit from it, attend this timely Westminster Briefing to hear the role successful outreach programmes play in achieving that goal.
Delegates will receive a full update from Jennifer Allen, Evidence and Impact, Fair Access and Participation, Office for Fair Access, including the latest on the National Collaborative Outreach Programme. Up-to-date guidance on evidencing and then evaluating such provision will be presented, and you will learn from institutions that have successfully engaged with disadvantaged communities, from planning through to appraisal.
Key Issues to be Addressed Include:
- The national collaborative outreach programme: successes and revisions
- Identifying who to target in outreach schemes
- Getting ‘bang for your buck’: the most cost-effective ways to engage
- Linking outreach to other widening access & participation methods
- Working with local partners through consortia operating models
- Current guidance & standards for evaluating outreach
- Providing evidence of progress and success: demonstrating successful interventions
- Preparing access and participation plans for 2019-20
- Learning from institutional examples of good practice
The morning session will focus on current programmes to improve outreach to disadvantaged people, including a full update on the National Collaborative Outreach Programme
The afternoon session will examine how best to evaluate those programmes, ensuring the mos effective and efficient provision for HEIs, their partners and students.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone with an interest in, or responsibility for, outreach in HE, including: outreach & widening participation teams; student recruitment; senior management; & students’ unions.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org