Confirmed to Speak:
- Gerard McAlea, Head of TEF Policy, Department for Education
- Dr Siobhan O'Malley, TEF Senior Policy Adviser, Office for Students
- Prof Helen Higson, Provost and Deputy Vice Chancellor, Aston University (Rated Gold)
- Prof Jackie Labbe, Pro Vice Chancellor (Academic), De Montfort University (Rated Gold, Piloting Subject-Level TEF)
- Dr Garrick Fincham, Head of Planning, University of East Anglia (Rated Gold, Piloting Subject-Level TEF)
- Dr Geoff Stoakes, Head of Special Projects, Higher Education Academy (Event Chair)
The Teaching Excellence Framework is being rolled out across the country. For now, participation is voluntary – but with the creation of the OfS, things are changing. TEF is moving towards mandatory registration, and most significantly, TEF is now being piloted at the subject level.
Attend this timely Westminster Briefing to receive an up-to-date brief on TEF’s implementation and the next steps. You will gain a detailed insight into the procedures, processes and metrics for assessing teaching quality. This is a chance to discuss what comes after publication of outcome information, hear the latest case studies from providers and plan & prepare for Year 3 and beyond.
Key issues to be addressed:
- Latest TEF timescales & deadlines for implementation: changes for Year 3
- Preparing for a move towards subject-level TEF and mandatory registration
- Update on the independent review: progress and impact
- The role of regulatory bodies in TEF
- Emphases placed on quantitative metrics & provider submissions
- Publication of outcome information, improving transparency & informing prospective student choice
- Sharing experiences: how HEIs are getting TEF ready
- Transitioning from institutional to subject-level TEF
- Looking ahead: Year 3 and beyond
The morning session will focus on the latest developments in the implementation of the TEF.
The afternoon will be an opportunity to examine and discuss how the sector is preparing for, and responding to, the changes.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: William.email@example.com
Who should attend?
You will join a range of higher education stakeholders including, but not limited to colleagues working in registry, student services, legal & compliance, as well as senior & middle leaders with responsibility for quality and responding to governmental reform.