The Government has committed to deliver 300,000 homes a year by the mid-2020’s.
Numerous barriers for local authorities, developers and other key stakeholders exist to achieving this target, including, a restrictive planning system, land being locked from developers and low long-term productivity levels in the construction industry.
Welcoming planning and housing professionals from across the UK, explore first-hand what solutions are being put in place to get around these challenges to accelerate delivery. Our expert speakers will explore the latest policy developments, strategies, funding and technologies being deployed across the sector.
Website and full agenda:
This years speakers include:
- Steve Quartermain CBE, Chief Planner, Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government
- Shelagh Grant, Chief Executive, The Housing Forum
- Aileen Murphie, Director, MHCLG and local government VFM, National Audit Office
- Simon Barnard, National Head of Development and Planning, GL Hearn
- John Synnuck, Chief Executive Officer, Swan Housing
- Jo Sistern, Head of Planning Communications and Consultation, GL Hearn
- Tom Chance, Chief Executive, National CLT Network
- Ivan Tennant, Associate Planning Director, GL Hearn
- Matthew Spry, Senior Director, Lichfields
- Further speakers still be to announced...
Key topics for the day include:
- An Overview of the Current Delivery Challenges for Developers, Local Authorities and Housebuilders
- Planning Reforms to Speed-up Delivery
- The Changing Face of Local Authority Housebuilding
- People, Bricks and Mortar: Improving Construction Productivity
- How do we Structure Schemes for Effective Delivery?
- Next Steps: What is the Future of Housing Delivery?
Our events are CPD certified. This event is equivalent to 3 CPD points.
A certificate is available on request post-event to all attendees.
Please note that all speakers and the agenda are subject to change without notice.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: William.Egan@dodsgroup.com