Confirmed to Speak:
- Simon Corben, Director & Head of Profession for Estates and Facilities, NHS Improvement
- Philip Shelley, Immediate Past National Chair, Hospital Catering Association
- Jill Venables, Head of Facilities and Contracts, Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Trust
- David Jones, Director of Estates and Facilities, Western Sussex Hospitals NHS FT
- Sue Johnson, Independent Consultant & Leadership Coach (Event Chair)
- Further Speakers TBA
The food that is served in hospitals is a key element of patient care and experience. Much progress has been made since the introduction of the five mandatory food standards and the development of hospital Food and Drink Strategies. However, more still needs to be done to improve the provision of quality, nutritious hospital food in a cost-effective and sustainable way.
Attend this Westminster Briefing to hear from Simon Corben, Director & Head of Profession for Estates and Facilities at NHS Improvement and gain a deeper understanding of how to develop your Food & Drink Strategy. Learn how to meet the existing standards and explore the practical & innovative ways that others are overcoming the challenges they face.
Key Issues to be Addressed:
- Progress and developments since the 2014 Hospital Food Standards Panel Report
- The role of central government and the transfer of responsibility to NHS Improvement
- Developing your Food & Drink Strategy to suit your hospital’s needs
- Involving nursing and clinical staff in the provision of hospital food
- Meeting the standards when faced with budgetary pressures & resource constraints
- Good practice examples of Food & Drink strategies and how they are being developed
- Learning lessons from the first two years of improved hospital food
The morning session will provide an update on the implementation of the hospital food standards, while identifying what makes a successful Food & Drink Strategy and exploring the steps you can take improve your service.
The afternoon session will focus on sharing best practice with your peers, looking at what other organisations are doing to meets the standards and develop their strategy. This session will be highly interactive and will provide you with practical guidance to take back and apply in your area.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs for dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
Who Should Attend?
Catering managers; catering business managers; facilities managers; business managers; dietitians; nutritionists; environment leads; private sector suppliers; nursing teams; monitoring officers; operations managers; hotel services managers; commissioners; and anybody interested in improving their local hospital catering service.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: William.Walker-Lane@westminster-briefing.com
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.