The Homelessness Reduction Act came into effect in April, placing new duties on local authorities to support those who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. From October 2018, a number of public bodies, including prisons, youth offending teams, Jobcentre Plus, Accident and Emergency departments and social services, will be required to notify Local Housing Authorities of service users they think may be homeless or threatened with becoming homeless within 56 days.
Join Westminster Briefing on 4th September for an up to date brief on the implementation of the Homelessness Reduction Act and how it affects your organisation. Attendees will also hear about best practice in tackling homelessness and preventing rough sleeping.
Key Issues to be Addressed Include:
- Government Measures to Tackle Homelessness and Rough Sleeping
- Development of a new National Rough Sleeping Strategy
- Funding available to help tackle homelessness and prevent rough sleeping
- Implementing the Homelessness Reduction Act
- Fulfilling duties owed to homeless and people at risk of homelessness
- The role of public sector organisations in the referral process and how to make this work in practice
- Case study examples of successful approaches in tackling homelessness and preventing rough sleeping from across the country
- Effective use of the Housing First approach
- Partnership working between local authorities, housing associations, charities and other key stakeholders
The morning will focus on Government measures to tackle homelessness and rough sleeping, as well as the implementation of the Homelessness Reduction Act.
The afternoon session will examine best practice in reducing homelessness and tackling rough sleeping.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone with an interest in tacking homelessness and rough sleeping, including local authority housing officers, housing associations and charities.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Dominic.Leigh@dodsgroup.com