- Freddie Baker, Senior Policy Officer, ICO
- David Reeve, Head of Information Strategy, Jisc
- John Mitchison, Director of Policy and Compliance, Direct Marketing Association
- Craig Clark, Head of Data Protection & Compliance, University of East London
- Anjeli Bajaj, Information & Data Director, University of Warwick
- Andrew Charlesworth, Director, Centre for IT and Law, University of Bristol
- Tim Rodgers, Compliance and Information Governance Manager, Imperial College London (event chair)
On 25th May the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into effect, which will have a significant impact upon how universities collect, hold and use data for a range of purposes including marketing, communications, academic research and data sharing.
Join Westminster Briefing on Wednesday 25th April for an up-to-date brief on how the GDPR will affect universities and assess the steps your organisation should take in order to become GDPR compliant.
Key Issues to be Addressed Include:
- Key principles of the GDPR, what is changing and how it affects HE providers
- Guidance for universities over how to comply with the GDPR
- Risks of non-compliance: enforcement of the GDPR
- Requirements for documenting why information is held, how it is collected and when it will be deleted or anonymised
- Impact of the new rules on communications, marketing, academic research and data sharing
- The role of the Data Protection Officer
- Reviewing current data protection practices and agreeing a strategy for GDPR compliance
- Putting effective security and governance structures and procedures in place
- Coordinating your compliance efforts across your organisation
- Learning from peers: how other universities are preparing for the GDPR
The morning will focus on the impact of the GDPR on the higher education sector. The afternoon will look at the steps universities can take in order to ensure they become GDPR compliant.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone within the Higher Education responsible for GDPR compliance or affected by the new data protection rules, including those with the following job titles: Data Protection Officer, GDPR Compliance Manager, Head of Information Governance, Director of Legal and Compliance, Registrar, Widening Participation Manager and Head of Outreach.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Tim.Archer@westminster-briefing.com