- Rebecca Johnson, Advisor (Regulation), Local Government Association
- Nick Arron, Partner, Poppleston Allen
- Alan Tolley (Chair), Member, LGA Licensing Policy Forum
- Further speakers TBC
Reform to fixed odd betting terminals has reignited the debate around how gambling is regulated in the UK. Supporting the local economy and enabling consumer choice must be balanced against the harms that gambling can bring. The key to effective licensing is coordinated action between local authorities, operators and other stakeholders.
Join Westminster Briefing in September to hear about the impact of recent reforms and how you can regulate gambling effectively in your area. This is the perfect opportunity to network with colleagues from across the country and share best practice.
Key Issues to be Addressed:
- Recent reform and Government direction
- Assessing the impact of changes to FOBTs
- Coming together to ensure operators meet social responsibility codes of practice
- Ensuring your licensing objectives are fit for purpose
- What are different local authorities doing to regulate gambling successfully?
- Developing a partnership approach to regulation
- Tackling problem gambling and gambling related harm
About the Day:
The morning session will focus on recent reforms to gambling and the policy framework. You will consider your local strategy within the context of the national landscape and whether your licensing objectives are fit for purpose.
The afternoon session will look at good practice and partnership working in gambling regulation. You will explore startegies for tackling problem gambling and working alongside operators and other local partners to coordinate your approach.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: email@example.com
Who Should Attend?
Delegates will be drawn from all those with a working interest in gambling regulation, including: Licensing officers, local authorities, planning teams, housing associations, betting operators, casino industry representatives, lottery organisers, police forces, parliamentarians, campaigners, charities, health and wellbeing boards, charities, NGOs.