Confirmed speakers include:
- Meagan Mirza, Group Manager, Police, Justice and Surveillance, Information Commissioner’s Office
- Amelia Harrison, Information Management Unit Team Leader Service Quality, Surrey Police
- Mike Gallagher, MD, CXO Assist (Chair)
- Further speakers TBC
It is crucial that police comply with data protection rules to maintain the trust of the public, knowing that their personal data is being handled appropriately. Join colleagues from other police services responsible for data protection in Central London on the 22nd November to hear from Meagan Mirza, Group Manager, Police, Justice and Surveillance from the Information Commissioner’s Office on how this can be achieved.
You will discuss how part 3 of the Data Protection Act 2018 has impacted the way police forces use data for criminal investigations. Learn what it takes to comply and the risks of not doing so. And join your colleagues who will be sharing best practice in securing data of victims and suspects.
Key issues to be addressed:
- The requirements for the processing of personal data for law enforcement purposes’
- What has the impact been on data collection for policing purposes?
- Understanding the key guidance from the ICO and risks of non-compliance
- Considering new technologies such as body-worn and UAS
- Meeting 90% of FOI requests in times of financial strain
- Learning from peers: How other law enforcement agencies have prepared for GDPR
- Reviewing current data protection practices
- The role of the designated Data Protection Officer in securing compliance
About the event:
The morning session will examine at the impact of the GDPR on police forces, the steps they need to take to comply with the GDPR, as well as the risks of non-compliance.
The afternoon session will look at best practice in preparing for the GDPR within law enforcement and will examine several case studies of how agencies have reacted to its introduction.
Who should attend:
Attendees will be police officers and staff, including those with the following job titles: Chief Information Officer, Director of Information Security, Data Protection Officer, Director of IT, Digital Director, Head of Legal and Governance, Head of Risk and Audit.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org