Confirmed to Speak:
- William Spearing, Parking (Code of Practice) Bill and DfT Joint Programme, Cities and Local Growth Unit, MHCLG
- Gavin Moore, Head of Parking and Lighting Brent Council
- Nicolina Cooper, Head of Parking and Traffic, Islington Council
- Julian O’Kelly, Head of Technology, Innovation & Research, British Parking Association
- Ben Stephens, Head of Parking, London Borough of Merton
- Anthony Eskinazi, Founder & CEO, JustPark
- Rob Comley, Parliamentary Adviser for Transport
- (Chair) Cllr Ric Pallister, Leader, South Somerset District Council
The role of Local Authorities in providing and managing parking services remains a contested and fraught one. The revenue raised is more important than ever in the current financial climate, and an efficiently administered parking regime can make or break a town centre. Furthermore, developments around ‘green’ schemes, smart parking technology and mobile payments provide opportunities for Councils and providers to raise the level of their provision.
Attend this timely Westminster Briefing for a full update on the latest parking policy, funding and innovations. Discuss the current and future challenges with colleagues facing the same issues as you, and take back lessons for your setting.
Key Issues to be Addressed Include:
- Update on the latest developments in parking policy and funding
- Delivering a high-quality parking management service
- Learning from ‘green’ schemes and variable fees
- Improving the perception of parking
- Utilising mobile payment schemes and smart parking technology
- Examining the impact of different parking provisions on local businesses
- Improving the efficiency and effectiveness of enforcement
- Effective partnership working between LAs, businesses and other stakeholders
- Developing new and innovative local parking solutions
The morning session will focus on current and future challenges in local authority parking, looking at the policy, funding and innovations that are affecting the sector.
The afternoon session will look closer at practitioner-focussed case studies, providing strategies to take back and implement in your setting.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone with an interest in local authority parking provision, including but not limited to: parking professionals and anyone working in delivering local authority parking services (parking teams, planning teams, highways managers), enforcement, local traffic management, councillors and associated charity and private sector partners.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: email@example.com