- Home Office Minister (TBC)
- Sir Ken Knight (Chair), Former Chief Fire and Rescue Advisor
- Dan Daly, Assistant Commissioner for Fire Safety, London Fire Brigade
- Bethan Morgan, Director of Civil Contingencies, Staffordshire Civil Contingencies Unit
- John Berrisford, Business Support Lead, Staffordshire FRS
- Kenny Fletcher-Beer, Prevention Service Delivery Manager, Prevention & Protection Directorate, Greater Manchester FRS
- Martin Blunden, Deputy Chief Fire Officer, South Yorkshire FRS
- Lynne Swift, Director of People and Organisational Development, Buckinghamshire FRS
The Government’s flagship Policing and Crime Act contains major reforms to the Fire and Rescue Service. Services must continue to ensure fire safety in the face of policy changes and budget constraints.
Attend this Westminster Briefing to explore the latest developments and landscape of fire safety. This is an opportunity to consider the impact of reform, examine the changing role of the fire and rescue service and hear best practice case studies in fire safety.
Key Issues to be Addressed:
- The Fire and Rescue Service and Future Reform
- Continuing effective fire prevention and protection in a changing landscape
- Responding to emergencies: strengthening provisions to deal with different types of incidents
- The future of business fire safety: raising standards and promoting fire protection
- Good practice examples of successful local prevention and protection strategies
- Effective strategies for community engagement, safety campaigns and protecting vulnerable people
- Joined-up working with other emergency services and businesses
About the Day:
Delegates in the morning session will receive a Government-led overview of the current fire safety policy landscape and what impact Government reform will have on the FRS.
Delegates in the afternoon session will hear the latest good practice and joint working in fire safety underway across the country.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.
For registration enquiries please contact:
Customer.firstname.lastname@example.org | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email:
Who Should Attend?
Delegates will be drawn from all those with an interest in fire safety, including: fire and rescue services; police forces; ambulance teams; fire authorities; local authorities; commissioning bodies; Police and Crime Commissioners and staff; licensing authorities; central government; third sector organisations and others.